Getting a professional MBA degree can be a stepping stone for your career because it will open many doors of great opportunity for you. You will learn the fundamentals of management with lifelong leadership skills. When pursuing an MBA degree, numerous colleges in India will help you obtain workplace skills. IIMs, abbreviated for Indian Institutes of management, are everyone’s first choice for an MBA degree.
Surely, IIM is the best, but various other universities offer the best MBA programs in India. All of those, including IIMs, will be discussed in this blog, along with the eligibility criteria, fee structure, average salary package, and their rankings.
MBA curriculum has subjects like Accounting, Business Communication, Business ethics, Business Strategy, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Leadership &Management. These subjects will not only give you academic knowledge, but you will also learn various essential life skills.
Some programs offer specifications in MBA so that you can master a specific business area of your choice. Entrepreneurship, sustainable business, business analytics, marketing, innovation, and finance are some examples of MBA specifications that can help you dive deeper and understand the different verticals of your business.
MBA Teaching Methods and its Benefits
This course has a highly collaborative teaching style as the professors here do not directly dive into the lecture but discuss the questions and answers related to the topic with the students first.
Professors use the case study method and research objectives to teach an MBA class because it will help students deal with real-world business challenges and develop effective in-hand solutions.
What is the Basis of Ranking MBA institutes in India?
Colleges that offer the best MBA programs in India are divided into 6 clusters to help you find the college of your preference. Given below are a few parameters to rank the best MBA programs in India-
1) Check the placement records of the university for 3 consecutive years.
2) The infrastructure and learning environment of the college is of utmost importance.
3) Examine the faculty of the institute as they are the ones who will shape a better future for their students.
4) Check whether the institute is constructed near business hubs or not. A business school must be located near business hubs as it will give students real-life industry exposure with excellent practical knowledge.
5) If a university or institution has an entrance exam before admission, they are ranked higher than those who don’t.
6) An institution’s constant interaction with its alumni can be seen as a parameter to rank them higher.
7) How the faculty, dean, and other college staff interact with their students is also important.
What will you learn through the best MBA Programs offered in India?
The broad and practical curriculum of MBA programs helps students understand all the main functions of business-like finance, accounting, marketing, etc. You will receive numerous opportunities to hone your leadership skills and develop expertise in your communication and soft skills. You will also learn how to introduce yourself.
Benefits of MBA Programs
An MBA degree will give you a greater awareness of the global market because of your different work experience and perspectives on the global economy. Your communication skills will improve, and your professional network will drastically expand. You will also master the art of time management, and these MBA programs will open doors to better job opportunities for you.
What are the eligibility criteria to get an MBA Program?
Usually, the eligibility criterion differs from university to university, but the basic criterion followed is-
1) Passing your graduation with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory.
2) A valid CAT score with an 85% cut-off is necessary to proceed with the admission process.
3) GMAT score is required for international applicants, whereas a CAT score is needed for domestic students.
Best MBA Programs
1) Global MBA: Global MBA is slightly different from a regular MBA because it provides training in international business management and gives students an international perspective on different business concepts and ideas.
It expands students’ knowledge beyond a regional focus and provides numerous networking opportunities with access to high-paying jobs.
2) MBA in Business Analytics: MBA in business analytics program is designed for working professionals to stand out in highly-competitive workplaces. A prestigious master-level qualification must be a good fit if you are aspiring for a rapid career progression. It is a 4-semester program where students will learn to solve real-world problems using cutting-edge analytical techniques.
3) Executive MBA: Executive MBA is a part-time program lasting 15-18 months. The fee structure of this executive program is quite exclusive. The fee amounts way more than an MBA Degree. The curriculum here is way more advanced than any regular MBA degree, and the students get enough industry training to go through multiple discussions and case studies.
4) Advanced general management: Like any other MBA program, this course also helps its students learn decision-making and leadership skills. A one-year general management course will help you prepare for an ever-changing business environment. It will boost your entrepreneurial skills, develop analytical skills and enhance risk assessment and management capabilities.
Important Skills to develop during an MBA program are:
If you are a student getting an MBA degree, you must learn the following skills alongside having experience and good knowledge of the business world.
1) You must become a strategic-problem solver by the end of your course.
2) You must know how to work as a team with people of diverse backgrounds.
3) Your network and communication game should be strong.
4) You must have leadership skills and the ability to draw insights from the data.
Works that upskill your MBA Programs
After getting your degree, you should take one-to-one coaching to help you make an effective career plan. It will help you decide the jobs you should take and how to upskill from there regularly. Connect with people already in industries you wish to work in and take insights from them.
Organize virtual or in-person recruitment fairs and networking events to expand your professional circle.
Pursuing any MBA Program is a great way to stay ahead of the curve in your career. All you need is a bachelor’s degree to apply for the program, apart from undergoing tests for ambition, potential, and enthusiasm. An MBA Program can boost your resume and help you get the job you’ve always wanted.
To know more about the Accelerated MBA program, visit Harappa school of leadership. The platform combines thriving skills with the science of learning to develop a deep level of understanding and leadership that stands the test of time.